Position type: Full-Time
Compensation: $19/hr Starting Pay + $1200 Employment Bonus
Number of position: 1
The Lift Mechanic is responsible for maintenance of lift equipment, winter and summer. Performs checks on a day to day basis in the winter to ensure that equipment runs efficiently and safely. Becomes enrolled in the Lift Maintenance Apprenticeship Program.
- Apply Online
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 802-327-2183 to speak with someone directly
- See full Jay Peak Resort Job Listing
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (include the following, other duties may be assigned)
- Maintains and repairs lift equipment, to ensure efficient, safe operation.
- Performs daily checks, in winter, at the direction of the Lift Maintenance Supervisor/Manager.
- Verifies strength of wind at the top of lifts and advises Lift Maintenance Supervisor, so that he may decide on whether or not lifts should be started, at beginning of the day and throughout the day.
- On instructions from supervisor, checks assigned machinery locations in readiness for operation.
- Starts lift machinery, checking for abnormal sounds, oil levels appropriate, etc., marking items off on the daily log sheet.
- At the end of the day, makes sure that all lifts are turned off.
- Checks log of maintenance work that needs to be done, as recorded by Lift Operators and performs repairs or maintenance.
- Frequently works at heights to manipulate switches, etc. climbing towers in all weather, to do repair work.
- Lifts heavy objects, such as chairs.
- Wears appropriate PPE as necessary, i.e. hardhats and safety Glasses and fall restraint harness.
- In summer, performs maintenance of lift equipment and buildings:
- Cleans lift buildings, taking down corrals, fence posts, signs, etc. for storage.
- Cleans (degreases) all machinery.
- Helps prepare rope grips for NDT.
- Repairs and replaces broken chairs.
o Performs line inspections of line equipment.
- Checks drives of each lift, taking oil samples, making sure gearbox functions correctly and brakes are in working order.
- Repairs lift buildings, ramps and fences.
- Performs all maintenance as needed and required.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor, which could be directly related, or un-related to original position.
In addition to the standard resort perks & benefits that can be found outlined here, the resort is proud to offer the following for this specific role:
- $1200 EMPLOYMENT BONUS